Wha....

Wha....

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Freddie Mercury


 I felt like doing a blurb on Freddie Mercury. I'm sitting here desperately trying to get my ass out of bed and clean this den of inequity.....blah. I'm listening to Queens first album simply titled Queen,released in 73 I think. By far their best album in my opinion, absolutely amazing. I was about 11 when that album debuted and my brother introduced me to their style. I've loved it since then. One of my favorite tracks on the album, Modern Times Rock n Roll, is performed by Roger Taylor (he composed a lot of their music including this song). "Liar", "The Night Comes Down", "Jesus"....okay the whole album is terrific!
I had a mad crush on Freddie when I was a girl. His overbite was probably to blame lol as I had quite buck teeth myself. Cute like a baby kangaroo lol.
Mercury was a Parsi born in Zanzibar (no not the strip bar lol, I just crack myself up) . Anyways, he grew up there and in India until his mid teens. His birth name was Farrokh Bulsara.

What an incredibly gifted man he was.  A few yrs back I watched a movie titled "And The Band Played On" which was about the Aids epidemic and the credits are played to Elton John's "The Last Song". They show pictures of people who died from Aids related illness. As soon as Freddie's face flashed on the screen, I fricken bawled. You can't love someone you never knew but I sure held a deep affection for his music and voice. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment